With the passing years, the change in algorithm of Instagram has made it a battle for likes, views and followers. When people think of ways to increase their followers, likes etc. they consider the time which will be ideal when most of the people are active. So what do you think is the ideal time for posting your photo or video to make it gain maximum likes? Well, there may not be a single answer to that! Let us explore, in this article, the best times for posting on Instagram to get likes.
What is the best time to post on Instagram to get likes?
The answer seems simple and yet may not be as simple as it first sounds. Ideally enough, you need to target the time when the Instagram users are most active, so your post comes up in their newsfeed while they are scrolling hence increasing the chances of your post being liked. Rarely anyone will make the effort to visit your profile to like a particular post. So, to increase your likes, you need to find the right time.
According to studies that have searched the topic, it is found that the ideal time to post on Instagram is between 9-11 am. Nonetheless, each Instagram account is unique in the case of its audience and since followers are in different time zone, defining a particular time can be difficult. In short, take note of these times for posting on Instagram.
- Monday: 6 am and 10 am followed by 10 pm (EST)
- Tuesday: 2 am, 4 am and 9 am (EST)
- Wednesday: 7 am, 8 am followed by 11 pm (EST)
- Thursday: 9 am, 12 pm followed by 7 pm (EST)
- Friday: 5 am, 1 pm followed by 3 pm (EST)
- Saturday: 11 am, 7 pm followed by 8 pm (EST)
- Sunday: 7 am, 8 am followed by 4 pm (EST)
While these are some standard ideal times found through research, you cannot generalize them everywhere so you must keep in mind that your best time to post will depend on your audience because all audiences are unique and so are their timings.
How to find the best times to post on Instagram
Well, everyone opens Instagram at a different time and in order to get more likes you need to know what time goes with your audience. How do you find the ideal times of your audience? Here is a simple way to do that!
- Make use of Later’s best time to post feature to automatically find out the top 7 times for posting. With a very low cost to pay, the best times for posting will automatically be marked in your weekly calendar, making it entirely easy for you to know when your audience is most active and then post accordingly.
- To see when your followers are online, find your top time zones. In case you aren’t willing to pay for it, another way is to keep a check on the time zones of your Instagram followers. You can make use of Instagram insights to ease your task where you can easily find the age, gender, and location of your audience and most importantly when they are active. But have in mind that in order to do that you need have set up a business profile or an Instagram creator profile.
- In order to keep a check on the progress, try experimenting with different posting times and keep an eye out for the times when you are likely to get more likes. Those times are the ones when your followers are more likely to be active. If you don’t want to use the methods above, the last resort can be manual collection. Make use of spreadsheets to track how much engagement you get at different times and on different days. This data on spreadsheets will help you identify the active times of your followers and then you can revolve your posting around it.
So, get going and get easy with posting at the right time to get the maximum likes on Instagram!